Crypto has given me real hope for my financial future for the first time in my life.

Just a little anecdote about my relationship with crypto and what it has done for me.I don't come from a wealthy background. enough to get by and to have some luxuries, but very much working class. I first heard about Bitcoin in 2012 and passed up on buying 10BTC at $10 each because the exchange required ID and I couldn't be bothered. I've lived with that regret ever since, and have foolishly kept to the sidelines observing crypto from a distance. recently I decided to invest for the first time, for the reason that I don't want to live with that regret for the rest of my life. I'd rather lose money I can recover than wonder "what if?" for the rest of my life.anyway, after lots of research on crypto I settled on a split of Cardano, Nano, and Bitcoin. I've been mining banano using at folding@home, lending out my processing power to help advance medicine and earning the banano cryptocurrency in doing so. I feel like I'm a part of something much larger than myself. if you're not aware of banano or folding@home for crypto I highly recommend checking it out: /r/banano. It's a great concept with a strong community and it's a great way to get people into crypto, as banano (it's a fork of nano) transfers instantly, no fees, it's kid-friendly and laid-back. lots of fun. btw, if you're new to banano and are interested in it send me a message and I'll send you some banano :)anyway, what started as a small investment turned into a second savings account. the benefit crypto has had on me is twofold:If I had the money in my bank account, I would feel tempted to spend it if I had a higher than usual amount. By locking away crypto in a wallet and treating it as a long term investment, that money won't be spent on a whim. as a result, my crypto wallet after 3 weeks has more in it than my savings account did at its peak (profit aside)cryptocurrency in general gains value over time. instead of just having a savings account that I don't touch and whose value decreases over time due to inflation, my cryptocurrencies gain value. a 5-10x price increase over the next year is not unreasonable.I've never had hope for my future, financially. I resigned to living a poor, working class life a long time ago. I never thought I'd have any money. with my increasing levels of chronic pain, I've begun to worry that I may not be able to work for much longer.Crypto has changed all this. I now have so much hope. I have a savings account that is decentralised and isn't through a corrupt bank (always hated banks, so crypto makes sense). and that savings may well 10+x over the next however many years. if it did that, I may never have to work a job I don't want to ever again. I'd be able to rest easy, not worrying about getting through each work week with chronic pain.crypto can change my life forever. but more importantly, it can change the world forever. it's exciting, and a privilege to be a part of this. it truly is a once in our species opportunity.thanks for reading this long, pretty self-centered post. feel free to share your own experiences/give any input, I'd appreciate it.

Submitted February 26, 2021 at 05:17PM

No comments:

Post a Comment