One Good Thing about all of this- Crypto is Funny again.

I am just some dude who bought crypto a while back and rode this train into the hyperbole.The new Paradigm. Fiat over. /u/Sholtie here da new millionaire of the world along with all his reddit buddies.I was legit looking up which houses to buy which I felt I needed just another 10x to get to, at the rate things were going I that should've taken a couple of weeks by my estimation. Like everyone else here, I was in it for the tech...And by tech I mean new upgrade features they were adding to the Lamborghini Gallardo.Everyone on this sub was shilling, left, right, and centre. And ya boi here was buying. TRX worth 20 billion dollars because they released a tamogotchi Doggo game? Revolutionary.But then times got tough, I noticed I was only up 3% in a day. Sometime 2%, maybe 1%. Modest returns. But that was good right? I had a "stable investment". Until it started to drop.And with it, this sub got toxic, people were arguing, HODL vs weak hands, explanations for the losses, suicide hotlines. "OG experts" forecasting the future and demanding everyone listen to their prophetic wisdom- he's been here since 2011 bro he's basically psychic. Chinese New Year to Consolidation to Store of Value to Ride-or-Die, I stopped following this sub because it wasn't fun anymore.In the greed that blinded us through the decline, this sub lost its way. We lost what made this place so great in the first place...Mildly useful information but mainly lols.Ironically it was this exact sentiment that fuelled the pump in the first place. Good vibes, optimism and a dream. I am not rational. People are not rational. We get a good feeling about something, with others that are feeling the same way, we go for it.Today. r/CryptoCurrency was different. Shit was funny today. Top comments of 1.5k upvotes with people rueing their losses in pained laughter. Some dude posted a TA that he sees a "strong resistance point for BTC at 0$"- lol. Turning this random propbet by some arrogant guy into a meme- Quality. People are numb to the pain now. Its kind've beautiful. The price might not have recovered yet but the community certainly is. Im not an analysis guy but I do not underestimate the value of sentiment and from what I see, people seem a lot more positive. Which in my opinion is one of the most vital characteristics of a purely speculative investment.Keep it fun guys. Im enjoying this. This is the true spirit of /r/Crypto.

Submitted November 25, 2018 at 11:35AM

No comments:

Post a Comment