I found a bitcoin wallet from early 2011 and...

I purchased what I though was just a few Bitcoins privately in early 2011 because my nerdy brother convinced me it was a great idea.Two months later, life presented me with my first cardiac arrest, a year later - divorce, closely followed by my second cardiac arrest.Suffice to say, my BTC portfolio didn't get much attention for a few years.Today I went through my old Dell laptop which was apparently last booted in June 2011. I knew I had a "tiny amount" of BTC on it somewhere and I debated whether it was worth spending time on recovering it, since my brother did all the wallet setup (he passed away a few months ago). Then I noticed "wallet-0.3.21.txt" on the desktop and opened it in Notepad.And there it was: account number, amount and detailed instructions on how to use the wallet....AND OH MY GOD, THE WALLET HAS 180 BTC IN IT! I was 100% sure I had something in the vicinity of 0.1 BTC. Apparently 180 BTC in early January of 2011 was worth just about $60 and I never realized just how insane the price growth has been.To me, this is a life changing amount and I'm going to sell it all today once I figure out the exchange stuff.Thanks my dear brother, I knew you were watching out for me!

Submitted November 25, 2018 at 07:53AM

No comments:

Post a Comment