TaxACT charging more if you click that you used crypto- doesn't have any additional steps or questions about it.

So, filing my taxes, during the final review it asked if I bought, traded, or received any crypto. I checked yes. Next step tells me that based on my answers, I need to pay for the deluxe version ($75 between federal and state)- I agree to pay this, because I don't want to turn around and lie on my tax return. I didn't have any income from crypto, but that wasn't the question that was asked.So, once I pay for deluxe, it does the review check again, and, doesn't ask for any other info. Just moves forward into the filing process.They tried to upsell me audit protection after selling me deluxe, so deluxe didn't buy me any extra protections...They literally just charged me more because I admitted to trading crypto, and did absolutely nothing to ensure that I filed the crypto side of things correctly.

Submitted January 25, 2020 at 11:53AM

No comments:

Post a Comment