Got sim swapped yesterday - Binance saved me

Out of all the days, yesterday I left my phone at home when I went to work. I was emailing my gf since I didnt have my phone and I noticed that I stopped seeing her emaisl come through. I then noticed that they were in the trash. I thought I had maybe did it by accident not thinking anything. I got home later and saw a txt on my phone from my provider saying that I have activated a new sim. Instant panic mode. I called and stopped the new sim, checked my binance and saw a very decent withdrawal. Luckily Binance noticed the unusual activity and stopped it.I checked all my accounts, changed passwords etc. Nothing else seems compromised to my knowledge. For those wondering, I have wallets on my desktop with crypto in them but I also keep some on Binance for trading. Im so glad Binance has good security which I why I chose their exchange in the first place. I still feel sick but als omore sick that my crypto is going to be held there for 7 days while my account is in recovery(hoping to avoid a market crash during this)

Submitted July 14, 2020 at 07:59PM

No comments:

Post a Comment