TIL Satoshi left scrapes of poker functionality in the Bitcoin Core in the 2009

Today I stumbled upon a weird functionality in the uibase.cpp file in an old bitcoin node file I was reading for fun, Satoshi had written scrapes of GUI functionality for a poker game in the early version of Bitcoin 0.1.3 and maybe a little earlier/later (didn't actually check that deep).If Satoshi was planing an experiment with op codes for provably fair poker game in the very Bitcoin node (what an exciting thought lol, would actually download the entire blockchain), we may never know as I did not find a lot of info regarding this decision hidden in plain sight. The code applies only to the GUI dialog and is referenced in the uibase.h, uibase.cpp and uiproject.fbp.As an unnecesary discovery this is, I actually thought this is a pretty neat fact I did not find anywhere else.Also, as I am making my own private DPOS decentralized network, I think that this is a neat idea I could put in. Although I admit that this idea was almost certainly created long time ago when smart contracts were introduced.

Submitted July 20, 2020 at 07:15AM

No comments:

Post a Comment