Can someone help me better understand bitcoin (and all alt coins) vs the blockchain?

Hello all, I'm trying to educate myself over bitcoin protocol and the blockchain in general. I understand the blockchain from a basic understanding and that bitcoin is produced using an algorithm on the blockchain. So are all coins on 1 blockchain just deployed in different spots? Like bitcoin has a blockchain deployed somewhere, ethereum has that same blockchain (like a copy of bitcoins just set up for ethereum) deployed somewhere else, etc etc? That blockchain is the same "backbone" everywhere but the coins produced are different? Where does scalability come in, is that built into the block chain or the coins produced? I understand PoW and PoS at a basic level as well but are those 2 different types of blockchains? Why can XRP do 1500 TPS and bitcoin cant? If there are any videos you recommend watching or articles/forums to read I'd love a link, I want to educate myself on blockchain and bitcoin protocol as best I can. Thanks!

Submitted January 31, 2019 at 09:27AM

No comments:

Post a Comment