So I make music and thanks to crypto in the last year I have started to generate more income from my own music then would have been possible without crypto. Thanks to platforms like bitbacker, yours.org and honest.cash and many other. I still have to do a lot of platform hopping but I got good hopes

So I started with posting my music to yours.org back when they were still running on Bitcoin Cash. This brought me in touch with people in crypto willing to pay for musing with their crypto.I did some small jobs on /r/BCHBazaar/I got people to email me to make music for them. I have started busking with a Bitcoin QR code. I have posted crypto addresses on my soundcloud page and youtube.Long story short, in the last 12 months I have generated about a 1000 USD with my own music. This would not have been possible without crypto. Most of that was in BCH, with BTC second and DOGE last. I have been selling most of it to help me pay with bills. Generating enough income from your own music is NOT easy but crypto is definitely helping.Also being able to post 30 second previews and then ask 25 cents in crypto for the whole song, behind a paywall is incredible useful.Imagine if artist would get 25 cents per play on spotify! Well, obviously that would be to expensive for people, to pay 25 cents every time they listen to a song. But I try to mix in free tracks with tracks I ask a small amount of money for.It works! Maybe a 1000 dollars in 12 months is not a lot. But it's something for me. And getting paid for what you do is the best kind of motivation. I am positive that crypto is going to play a big role in eventually becoming self sufficient, being able to just live and make my music and also be able to pay off all my bills. And as soon as I generate enough to have some crypto left at the end of the month I could start hodling a bit.My latest work was just posted on honest.cash and yours.orgIt's my trance track "Antebellum". Honest.cash does not have paywall functionality yet but yours.org does. Which is really nice. Question to the community. Are there any websites that run on Ethereum, dash or dogecoin that offer the same functionality as yours.org?Lure people into wanting to hear the entire thing by posting a 30 second preview and hope that 25 cents is a small enough price that they are willing to pay for it.If I can create a song per week and have a 1000 people worldwide every week willing to pay 25 cents for a listen. (does not have to be the same people every week). Well my income would be 250 dollars per week. That's more than enough for me to live from. With crypto I don't need a label, I don't need a bank or a paypall account. And all of that 25 cents is mine. No overhead cost. I am still paying soundcloud for hosting, but maybe eventually that can be done using the interplanetary file system which is kind of like bittorrent. As long as enough people care about my stuff there would be hosting for it, and my computer can always host it as well so there is always at least one pear. That way people would pay directly to a crypto wallet on my computer AND directly download it FROM my computer. Of course it's going to take a while before the performance is high enough that IFPS works better then using a soundcloud embed where people just play and it always plays.

Submitted January 27, 2019 at 08:13PM

No comments:

Post a Comment