Yesterday I was the first person to spend Bitcoin at Birks Jewelery!

Birk's, Canada's high end jeweler, announced last year that they would be accepting crypto. As I'm not allergic to spending BTC, I'd considered trying it occasionally but spending coins while they were at 5k wasn't appealing. With the current run and my wife's birthday coming, this made for a fun experiment.The sales associates were very excited someone was trying it as they told me about the training they received months ago to handle Bitcoin. There was a hiccup as I had to move my coins to a compatible wallet but then the staff all gathered around while I completed the transaction through bitpay. It took 10 minutes for a block to confirm and for me to get my receipt.The result!

Submitted June 23, 2019 at 09:24PM

No comments:

Post a Comment