Request for Critique (Plus potentially useful info for others): Detailed Hardware Wallet Comparison Page & Spreadsheet

So I have a fairly small YouTube channel that looks a cryptocurrency stuff. Mostly to do with how to keep yourself safe as well as how to help you use tools to recover if you stuff up with your seed phrase.Part of this is that I am getting an increasing stream of queries from folk about "which hardware wallet should I get", as well as seeing that question asked around Reddit from time to time. I had a look and most of the comparisons, especially those on YouTube, are really superficial, sometimes straight-up wrong...Basically I am putting together a bit of a comparison list that will both form a bit of an objective framework for reviews (As to avoid the "oh yea it's shiny and feels nice to hold" kind of commentary) as well as a way to include some fairly detailed feature information, as well as brief commentary about what these features are. (a few sentences per features)I have put it here: https://ift.tt/2u17fR3 which basically gives you the "summary" as the initial view, with the fuller spreadsheet here: https://ift.tt/2MAb8Td I just knocked this first draft out thisarv and am wondering if folks had suggestions about "features" that I had missed in my first pass or anything else like that. The hope is that it would be accessible enough for folk who post on /r/bitcoinbeginners (in terms of offering explanations about the stuff, with videos to come later) but also useful enough for someone who has been in the space for a year or so. (in terms of specific, technical info)I am happy to add other wallets later, but am basically limiting it to product categories that I have either used directly or indirectly. (So not just consolidating info from a bunch of websites) So far this includes products that I have purchased from Ledger, Trezor, Keepkey, Coldcard and SafePal.

Submitted December 29, 2019 at 01:57PM

No comments:

Post a Comment