Help with paper wallet

So I was thinking about the process of creating paper wallets of BTC and XMR for myself.It's a beginner question so bear with me.The process that I'd use would involve a live usb stick with a linux distro of my preference and a formatted old notebook I have without internet connection. I'd copy the seed generated by the wallet by hand on a piece of paper and store it in a container like it's recommended in the monero website. then I'd paste the public key to a file and store it in another formatted usb key (using an standard file format) and then copy the file from the stick to my working PC. I'd do this because it doesn't seem reasonable to copy the public key by hand, I'd prob get something wrong.Is this a reasonable method? Should I really be paranoid and even disconnect the charging cable from my laptop like it's stated on the monero website? Is it enough to use dd (in linux) to erase the usb stick that'll store the public key? What are other steps I can take to make the process safer? If all is wrong can someone link me a complete beginners guide or something like that?I wont buy those metal wallets, for me they are a waste of money and they dont solve the problem of not having to write the public key by hand.

Submitted August 31, 2020 at 02:39PM

No comments:

Post a Comment