10+ years in and it STILL feels like we're early

This is all anecdotal, but...As a freelancer and musician, I've offered to let people pay me via various different cryptos (BTC, ETH, LTC, and ADA most notably) and no one has done so. Additionally, other than Bitcoin, most people haven't even heard of any of the others.As a YouTuber, I list several crypto addresses (BTC, ETH, LTC, ADA, NANO, BAN) in my video descriptions and have never received any donations via those avenues. I have, however, gotten donations via PayPal, Patreon, and other "legacy" means. Even traditional mail.No one in my family would have any idea what crypto even is other than Bitcoin if it weren't for me talking about it and the only one who knew of Bitcoin before I mentioned it was my brother-in-law.(Some) relatively tech-savvy people I know still think that holding coins on anything other than CoinBase is way too complicated. I'm not even that good with technology, but I feel like Banano's Kalium wallet is super easy/intuitive and I've managed to use Ledger products and other types of wallets without any issues. These things (I guess) need to be much easier before the general public is going to use them.I honestly believe that there are cryptos with real world applications and I know this is nothing like how it was in 2011, but it really feels like we are in an uber niche area still.I just wonder if the space will ever really mature.

Submitted August 29, 2020 at 02:05AM

No comments:

Post a Comment