WARNING!Please guys be extremely careful!

I hope my story will help some of you to never repeat my mistake.I just got scammed the way I never even thought is possible ( some of you might heard about this but I never heard until today).Decided to cash some money out thru Coinbase, logged-in and copied BTC wallet address thru built-in Copy function as it shows on the screenshot below.Logged in Binance to sent the BTC to Coinbase and just pasted the address from the buffer without second thought. Pushed the transaction. 1hour later I realized that its different address and only first 4 symbols are same. Somehow my copy-paste buffer changed the address from right one to wrong one.Money lost. No way to recover it. Please dont repeat my mistake do not blindly trust to copy-paste buffer , your computer could be infected with malware that swaps addresses and it will be too late when you realize that.​P.S:Since Coinbase not showing whole address and first 4 symbols were the same it was very easy to overlookhttps://preview.redd.it/iem7nkx97aj51.png?width=373&format=png&auto=webp&s=1343cc72036278e982cd54b80e48eaf99dac2a8b

Submitted August 26, 2020 at 12:24PM

No comments:

Post a Comment