Update: My very positive experience with Binance.US after account lockout

Hello everyone, More than 36 hours ago, my Binance.US account got locked for an unknown reason (to me).Not receiving a lockout notification email, permanent failure of self-reactivation with “system busy” error and then closure of my support ticket without a response or resolution terrified me enough to come here and vent.These all happened in 3 hours after lockout but in crypto ecosystem seconds feels like hours when you feel something is wrong.As someone who read about horror stories of accounts locked for weeks and months without proper follow up in Binance, I was so desperate and I was seeing myself going through the same hassle, and probably my post was not very optimistic and fair.u/symbiotic_bnb like always stepped in to help, escalated my closed ticket and in a few hours I received a follow up email from support team, requesting video proof of me, identifying myself and asking to reactivate my account. In less than 24 hours from lockout, I received a follow up from support team and a DM from u/symbiotic_bnb letting me know that my account is reactivated!!! I haven’t felt this good in the past few years in my life, as I have somewhat large balance (at least in my own financial scale!!) in my account.I deleted my previous post as I believe it was a bit rushed, unfair and very likely causing FUD to others affected with lockout. Here I would like to thank u/symbiotic_bnb for his help and Binance.US for the prompt support.I believe my account very simple activity history had a big role in fast reactivation, as I never received or sold or withdraw crypto and all I ever did was funding my account by US checking account and buying/holding USDT. Other people’s case maybe different and take longer than this to be taken care of but what I experienced is “they are not slacking in reactivating accounts”, if it can be done soon, seems they really do it.As I mentioned in my previous/deleted post, locked accounts should be considered the “second priority after those hacked”, by the support team. I hope Binance support implements a dedicated system for locked accounts follow up and realizes that nothing can be more relieving than notifying every change in account and keeping in touch with those accounts holders. To be honest if I would receive a lockout email notification, if self-reactivation page would tell me clearly that I cannot use it because of whatever reason (instead of showing system busy error), and if my support ticket wouldn’t close without a response or resolution, I would never freak out that much and very likely could handle lengthy reactivation process with patience.

Submitted September 18, 2020 at 02:54PM

No comments:

Post a Comment