Can I write off my coins lost in a scam exit by an ICO?

Yes, I know - I was dumb enough to believe in Oyster and bought 8k worth of Shell last year during the bearish downtrend thinking it was going to succeed as a project. That cocksucker Bruno dumped on everyone and exit scammed. Then kucoin and that piece of shit team locked my SHL tokens before I was able to sell and salvage whatever it was worth.Now they’re worth literally nothing and the team moved onto their next scam called “Opacity” lashing at SHL investors holding useless bags that they “owe them nothing” and it’s “Oyster’s problem” those bastards.My questions is, for this coming tax season, am I allowed to write this off as a lost? And do I have to have proof of the purchase of the SHL tokens through Kucoin? Hopefully someone has some thoughts on this... first time getting scammed like this. 🙁

Submitted December 28, 2018 at 11:05AM

No comments:

Post a Comment