Tried to share my crypto enthusiasm with my Dad; got harshly lectured about how crypto is a scam and he is “very disappointed in me”.

I’ve invested about 2k into Bitcoin over time, and I’m about to break even with the recent bull run. I asked my Dad if I should sell since the constant price fluctuations make me nervous, and he said, “To be honest, I’m appalled you bought any in the first place.”He went on a tirade about how I “never listen to him” and that I should have bought out a long time ago after he told me about some FUD article he read 2 years ago about how Bitcoin was a massive scam. He said if I want to give him and Mom peace of mind, I should sell now, invest all of the money into a Roth IRA, and never look back.Honestly, it really got to me, and now I feel so fucking embarrassed. I didn’t know he thought I was an idiot for investing into it. I diversify by invested into regular stocks too, but he thinks any investment into crypto is just throwing money away.

Submitted May 28, 2019 at 03:01AM

No comments:

Post a Comment