Hol' up. What makes my BTC transaction fee so ridiculously high?

I found a cool steam key deal and key shop offered option to pay with bitcoin. I have some cryptos stashed on the exchange and decided that it would be good to buy something with it instead of just using it as an investment. So I go click, click, let's send a 0.0005 BTC (around $5) and it says that I don't have enough BTC to make a transaction. I use withdraw all funds to check what happens and all I can withdraw is 0.00017309 BTC and the fee is 0.00045 BTC...I get it we need to pay fees for all the security thingies but for real - what the hell, why do I need to pay 200% fee? Is something wrong on my end or is it normal in cryptocurrencies world? I don't think we are going to make it to the mainstream if fees are so ridiculously high.

Submitted July 29, 2019 at 11:21PM

No comments:

Post a Comment