Anyone have experience with claiming losses on tax forms? Need some insight

I would like to ask the community members who have some expertise with claiming gains/losses on crypto assets.Ill give some info first:I bought a shitcoin throughout 2018, starting January 2018 through October/November 2018. Bought BTC first, then used that BTC to buy the said shitcoin. It was around 10 trades.Lets say that the initial amount of money was ~$4,000.Also lets say that amount of money invested has dwindled, and is currently (as of today) worth around $480.I decide to sell it today, at a loss.Will I be able to to claim the amount lost when I do taxes next year, for 2019 tax year, even though some of the shitcoin trades had surpassed a year? Finally, when you do claim losses, do you need to provide the exchange data trades or are your own notes on the trades sufficient? (probably a stupid question, but the exchange I'm using is overseas and not sure if they would even believe the data I pulled from it)Would like to thank anyone and everyone in advance for shedding some light on this matter.

Submitted September 01, 2019 at 08:04AM

No comments:

Post a Comment