I got scammed, here's what you need to know. Help me report.

A fool and his money will soon be parted, today I'm the fool. I lost 150 ETH on a pretty convincing scam involving a group of people that apparently are from different parts of the world. Here is are what I have on them. At least 3 people are part of the scam:​* The one that is supposed to be the leader, using the name of Laurence Purcell- He said he is from UK- He used this phone number for whatsapp: +31 6 87934394- He used this email: [purcell.laurence@gmail.com](mailto:purcell.laurence@gmail.com)​* The guy that approached me on Reddit- He said his name is Dean- He used the reddit account Montana02115 already gone some hours ago- He is probably from Netherlands, also there may be another guy named William from Netherlands- I have our messages screenshoted, if that matters​* The guy that was the coolest and that controlled wallets- He said his name is Moshe- He is probably from Israel- He used this phone number : +972 53-885-3650- He have kids, they were screaming sometimes when he opened his mic (sorry kids, your dad is a scammer)- I have the whatsapp history with him, but probably useless too​= How they convinced me =I talked with Dean ( Montana02115 ) here on Reddit, he had a pretty old account, lots of old posts about crypto everywhere. He wasn't posting for a year, but if you are rich as the character he represented, this makes sense. We talked a little bit here, I said I was trading, he said he was only investing on ICOs/IEOs for some time. He said he was part of a investment group and that the group leader closes deals to buy tokens on private sales before they reach the initial offerings. He said the group needed people that could be really good on finding new projects, hidden gems, that they can approach and close a deal before it gets too known. He offered to introduce me to the guy if I can help on that regard. So, why not? I can do that.​They use the TeamSpeak software for the group calls. This was their server address = 134.255.231.99:9074​They had people there almost 24/7. From time to time Laurence appears and updates the group about the deals. He even gave trading calls, like to short BNB this saturday. There was people on there, you could enter and unmute the sound at some moment and you would hear people talking about the topics they were supposed to be talking about. They were not really just acting to convince me, maybe there was more victims online at the same time as me, which makes it look even more real. TeamSpeak doesn't seem to record those calls or message history, so I can't help with that.Moshe was the cool guy, at least for me he came and said he would help me. They were buying Perlin last saturday, I wasn't online, Dean came on Reddit and told me Moshe talked with everyone and convinced them to allocate some for me. He "paid" 50 ETH for me, he showed me this wallet:https://ift.tt/33TZgCP was 800 ETH on there, he moved exactly how he said he was going to move. He said he didn't care about those 50 ETH, that he was already rich. He wanted to help me because they need more people on researching projects. Next day I received my fake Perlins in my wallet, this is my wallet (fake perlins still there):https://ift.tt/2TX3J2Y also have the same token in his wallet, in perfect proportion. And yeah, I sent him the 50 ETH, actually I sent him 51 ETH. He moved 800 ETH to this wallet, obviously his own:https://ift.tt/33Zmd7N said Laurence creates an individual wallet to every investor and every investment, after it he divides the tokens using those amounts. If there's a way to blacklist those wallets, we should do it.The group talked about Perlin, Sovrin, Algorand, Starkware and they were considering Keep Network. Everything continued normal after this first deal, I got even closer to Moshe, we talked a lot. This week there was a round for Sovrin, Moshe again helped me put 100 ETH on it. Laurence sent me a PDF to my email with the contract agreement regarding Sovrin. Moshe controled a wallet with 2000 ETH at that time, he also moved it in front of me, this one:https://ift.tt/2U04dFm sent him 50 ETH from my wallet and another 50 from my Binance wallet. After that, I said I would wait to sell Perlin. I was always aware it could be a scam, but... believe me, everything was very convincing, even their accents were convincing. I wasn't investigating the fake Perlins on my wallet, and we were going to receive Sovrin only in a few days. I was focused in researching more on Keep Network, as I said it would be doing. Also talking a lot with Moshe.When Dean and Moshe insisted too much for me to invest in another round of Algorand (it was already on Binance, they said I could sell immediately), I said to Moshe that he should take it as a compliment, but that he was too good to be real, and that he should be honest with me if it was a scam. He blocked me immediately. I was not offensive and that was not his personality, that was when I realized it was really a scam. I got banned from the server, Dean even deleted his Reddit account today. Also, I researched the perlins on my wallet, and they are fake.Reading now, knowing the end, is like watching a movie in which you are aware of the plot twist. Trust me, they are very convincing liars, the only doubt I had about everything was that it was too good to be real. But good things do happen, I not changing my mind on that, but yeah, shit happens too.​= What can you do? =* Post a link to this everywhere, let people know, they can still be doing it.* Are you in a position to investigate the information on them? Maybe the phone numbers or the email? Please, do it.* Do you know someone at exchanges or a way to blacklist their wallets? Please do it. My ETH is already gone, but maybe there's a way to difficult for them to sell it.* Do you know someone that work for news websites or things like that? Send them this.* Do you know any other way to report them? Help me do it.* Are you a victim too? Don't let this destroy anything good on you. We now work harder and learn from our mistakes. Good things do happen!* And finally if you are part of that group and are reading this: you are pretty good liars, really good. But hey, that's what you are good at, you are not the rich successful investors you pretended to be. You never will, you will always be liars. Moshe, put that ETH into educating your kids to be what you will never be: good and honest people! I wish them the best.​Sovrin Agreement:https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aqb-TRk0cKGZadl6wQUy3FtrUfQ?e=m5Ow7NScreenshot of the group (Laurence speaking):https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqb-TRk0cKGZaudXRiDzxf_Vabo?e=EYXp8HLaurence Whatsapp profile picture (know the guy? tell him)https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqb-TRk0cKGZa0xJ_ZaI-CGMg_I?e=XiZhJTMoshe Whatsapp profile picture (know the guy? tell him)https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqb-TRk0cKGZbMvWb9C9vR3NlWs?e=r5wICq

Submitted August 24, 2019 at 10:04AM

No comments:

Post a Comment