Why crypto will not go mainstream anytime soon (and it doesn't need to)

I've seen a lot of discussions about how crypto is too hard for an average joe.Many times it's said that crypto will be inaccessible for masses until the proper UX comes along.Now look at the internet? Was is inaccessible at first? For sure it was, it took many years before proper graphical interfaces even came to be. What was the appeal of the internet? Quick way to get and send info (like email). Amazon was appealing because you could buy books and have them delivered to you. It wasn't for everyone but it was cool enough to start and keep going.So blockchain. For who is this? What's the appeal for humans? It might solve a problem of freedom, but since when people cared that deep about their money? I can already buy a cup of coffee with my phone, I don't need nothing more to that. People don't want complete control, they want to be safe, or "idiotproof". If I lose my private keys, my funds are gone forever. If I forgot a pin code to my credit card or forgot a password to my bank account I can just restore it.I think crypto is cool, but there's not even an easy way to buy it!! Let's say I've heard about bitcoin on the tv. You know that I can't buy with the same service in every country. Should I trust binance with my funds and wait till they get hacked? Or should I go to changelly and deal with 7% fees? Why are there fees? Joe doesn't want to convert currencies or read whitepapers, or deal with fees when USD works just fine. We can complain all day how banks are there to scam us and take our freedom, but it's not convenient.People don't want to go through all of this hassle, you know that. They don't want to be always scared, they don't want to keep everything local, they don't want to text in secret chats. This is the opposite of convenience. That's why we have governments that will decide what's best because not everyone is a political activist and not everyone is smart enough or has too much free time.Most of them got into crypto because it seemed like a get-rich-quick scheme. That's a fact, even though crypto is MUCH more than that.I don't know if blockchain is actually the feature, but if it is, we're waiting for something else. We're waiting for another Steve Jobs to realize that it's not convenient to remember a long and random number of symbols as your address, or to wait for your bitcoin transaction to be completed.Blockchain, btc, alts are all awesome, but no awesome enough for it to go mainstream.I want to hear everyone's opinion on promising projects for the joe, not for enthusiasts.

Submitted August 26, 2019 at 10:06PM

No comments:

Post a Comment