Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day

Legend has it, today is the day the first time Bitcoin was used to purchase of a product. On May 22, 2010 a man named Laszlo Hanyecz posted on Bitcointalk forum:"I’ll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.. like maybe 2 large ones so I have some left over for the next day. I like having left over pizza to nibble on later. You can make the pizza yourself and bring it to my house or order it for me from a delivery place, but what I’m aiming for is getting food delivered in exchange for bitcoins where I don’t have to order or prepare it myself, kind of like ordering a ‘breakfast platter’ at a hotel or something, they just bring you something to eat and you’re happy!"Another man who went by jercos accepted the offer in exchange for the 10,000 bitcoins (about $30-40 at the time). The bitcoin was sent, the pizza was ordered and delivered, and the rest is history.At the time of writing this, those 2 pizzas are worth over 90 million dollars.Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day 10th anniversary!

Submitted May 22, 2020 at 01:00PM

No comments:

Post a Comment