Need help recovering BTC and ETH wallets from outdated apps

So I'm fully willing to accept this might be a lost cause, but I'm looking to buy a house and could use all the money I can find for a down payment. Worth a shot!So, I bought BTC and ETH around 2017 and held onto it after BTC crashed from like $20k or something.BTC was in AirBitz which now gives me a connection error every time I try to log in. AirBitz has upgraded to Edge but I don't know how to connect the two if I can't even read my own wallet's details. I'm not optimistic about recovering my BTC, however I do have my security questions/answers for AirBitz for whatever that's worth at this point​ETH was in Block Wallet (or My Block Wallet, orange Portal-esque wallet logo) which was also giving me connection errors but I was able to get the information about my wallet like the long alphanumeric code and the secret recovery phrase.EDIT: Per this link, ETH private keys (the long alphanumeric string?) shouldn't begin with 0x, but mine does. What does this mean? I still get "Import Key Failed - Invalid Input" when removing the 0x.​I tried some searching and can't really figure out what goes where because I don't remember any of the terms. I tried putting in my ETH information into Edge but it didn't take the alphanumeric code as the private key (?).​Are these recoverable, and how?​Thanks in advance! Sorry for being such a newbie.

Submitted June 01, 2020 at 11:30AM

No comments:

Post a Comment