Warning: CoinSwitch took my BTC and won't return it due to their error

I sent 0.05 BTC to CoinSwitch.co in order to convert it to ETH over 2.5 days ago.CoinSwitch told me to send 0.05 BTC to a deposit address. They're some sort of affiliate aggregator that finds whichever 'instant exchange' has the best rate. I selected HitBTC as it had the best rate. Here's a screenshot of the actual deposit screen (redacted for my privacy):​As you can see, it's clearly telling me to send 0.05 BTC to this addressAfter I sent 0.05 BTC to the address, I received an error that said "Your Bitcoin deposit amount was less than the minimum allowed on Hitbtc":​https://ift.tt/329tWzP immediately created a ticket. It has been 2.5 days now and I have only gotten 1 half-assed response (I posted a couple more follow-ups asking where my money was, not shown as there was no response).​https://ift.tt/3gfS2Or was even kind enough to make them a mockup for free, so that they could avoid this problem in the future, and yet they still won't return my money:​https://ift.tt/2E4zCmS, anyways, use CoinSwitch at your own risk. I looked pretty closely and nowhere does it say that there's a minimum deposit for sending to HitBTC and you'd be crazy to risk sending more than 0.05 BTC to these guys anyways.​There's a high probability that because their UI sucks you will lose your money and they'll dick you around for over 2 days without sending it back. Even if they do end up giving me my BTC back, I can never regain the time I wasted on this.If you want to use an instant exchange, I've had very good experiences with MorphToken.

Submitted August 20, 2020 at 10:09PM

No comments:

Post a Comment