In the midst of this bullshit crackdown on Ripple, I just wanna say that most cryptocurrencies have appreciated against the US dollar over long periods of time. Crypto isn’t the problem. The US Dollar is the problem... and that’s why we’re all here.

The government crackdown is BS. Voluntary association and Caveat Emptor should rule the day...Did the Ripple founders mislead people? That’s debatable.Anyone putting their faith in a new kind of money has to understand there are very serious risks.... and I would say the foolishness of Ripple retail owners was probably greater than any maliciousness of the Garlinghouse, McCaleb, etc... (full disclosure I still hold Ripple, aI’m a Bitcoin first person. To me Bitcoin is the purest form of money there is, but this Ripple lawsuit doesn’t sit well with me.I know Alt-Coins are hurting right now, but it’s not time for Bitcoiners to gloat. People are just trying to find new ways to save money because the US dollar fiat system sucks.... soon negative interest rates will pervade our entire economy.... as far as I know there isn’t a single cryptocurrency with a negative interest rate attached to it, so I would argue that most cryptos are better forms of money than the USD.Yea Bitcoin maximalists might attack me for promoting alt-coins, but who the F cares. Money doesn’t have to be anyone thing.I’m a crypto maximalist, a competing currency maximalist, a freedom maximalist, and a money maximalist... that doesn’t mean I think the long-term end game is a maximum of 1 dominant form of money..Money is an expression of a person’s values and everyone’s values are different, so it follows that there will probably be many different species of money.The Ripple lawsuit is bullshit. Any long term holder of Ripple has taken a huge hit because of a tyrannical lawsuit levied on them by a corrupt institution.

Submitted December 24, 2020 at 08:36PM

No comments:

Post a Comment