Ledger info hacked and apartment broken into

Some time ago my mail got hacked. It seemed that the hackers cloned my SIM card and gained access to my mail. They locked me out by changing the password and the phone number. With help of the email provider, I managed to regain possession of my email.I already forgot about that episode until today: the person who bought my appartement, and with whom I got befriend, sent me a WhatsApp, telling me that the apartment had been broken into and completely overhauled. He told me nothing was stolen. Nothing.They had been looking for something. My Ledger. My email contained deposit emails from Binance which stated the amounts for which I bought Bitcoin after the sale of my house.Thanks Ledger.Wow, I’ve learnt my lesson. I just created a separate email account just for crypto at ProtonMail with no relationship with my identity whatsoever.I was lucky that I moved and that I am living a digital nomad lifestyle right now, so my whereabouts are quiet unclear. But it is a scary thought that I am still a target with a price on my head.Just be careful out there !PS, my reddit handle is fictitious and already created a separate ProtonMail for this account.

Submitted December 23, 2020 at 05:25AM

No comments:

Post a Comment