If you're young and starting to invest in crypto, please take a minute to read this

I'm sure this will sound pedantic but with all the excitement lately, I'm seeing a lot of post from people in their 20's and even teens talking about investing large sums in crypto. Please keep in mind that this is high risk.Always remember that crypto is still very early and you don't have to FOMO it all right now.That's not to say you shouldn't take some of your hard earned money, do your research and get involved. This community is amazing, dynamic and there's a ton of potential to make great returns. However, high risk investment should never be your whole portfolio. It should be the smallest part.Make sure that you're setting aside money in a Roth IRA, contributing to your 401k, Vanguard funds, etc. The boring stuff. The stuff that grows slowly over a lifetime. Don't just diversify your coins, diversify your whole portfolio. It's something I certainly wish I'd tackled at a much younger age. Believe me, you'll thank me later.

Submitted October 28, 2020 at 12:00AM

No comments:

Post a Comment