PayPal permanently banned my account due to CryptoCurrency buy/sells being treated as "item SALES" this thread is for others to be aware and to hopefully help all of us recover THIS IGNORANCE FUELED MISUNDERSTANDING

My account recently got limited and asked for like 10 explanations of "sales" which all were cryptocurrency dip buys and high sells (as is normal) all within a period of one week.The system flagged my account thinking I was selling items worth $10000 in one week when I hadn't done so in the last 6 years I've held a PayPal account. (US account btw).So I knew the developers didn't account for this shit when they released PayPal Crypto so I submitted the stuff for review with my photo ID and wrote "PayPal Crypto" for each crypto transaction BECAUSE WHAT ELSE could I say?I called their phone and he said he's expedited the review. I went to sleep, the next day (today) my account is permanently limited due to ...."After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal."180 days hold on my $462 in my balance.No appeals. No explanation. No consideration that their reviewer may be an ignorant 60 year old with no knowledge of PayPal's own crypto service. Whenever I've called their support about PayPal Crypto in the past they had no idea what I was talking about (even after weeks after release).Now I haven't called yet because phone support is offline, but I'm writing this thread because many others will be in the same spot as I am.How do we start our journey to get them to understand what the fuck they did. I genuinely 100% know I did nothing wrong and its a misunderstanding because they think I made 50+ buy/sell transactions in a span of 1 week of items, when its just crypto.Feeling a little suicidal right now, not gonna lie, because I know how bad PayPal is in resolving these things and I've used them regularly for everything.

Submitted November 25, 2020 at 07:52PM

No comments:

Post a Comment