Warning about buying BTC with Moonpay

If you're looking for a way to buy Bitcoin, I suggest that you avoid Moonpay and go with someone more reputable.I submitted a buy order for Bitcoin on Friday (for only 250USD) using Apple Pay.They contacted me sayingThe last order failed as you have not verified your Apple Pay payment card as per our request. We have asked you to upload a photo of you holding your physical card registered with Apple Pay next to your face and a screenshot of your Apple Pay page showing the last 4 digits of the card number and the Device Account Number.IMO this is crazy. They want a selfie of me holding the card and giving up the full card info. Apple Pay protects the customer by masking your details, so this completely bypasses the privacy protection. They also don't mention how they store your data.... this could turn into another Ledger database hack.After I didn't provide this information, they then cancelled my buy order, missing the price increase. Thanks, Moonpay! (not).Beware.

Submitted November 30, 2020 at 03:12PM

No comments:

Post a Comment