Thankful

I'm 60 and have been a longterm bitcoin investor ever since I stumbled upon this community.i want to thank all those who have given me the motivation and the information that a person my age (53 then) needed to get started and get somewhat knowledgeable with this new technology money thing.I was, 7 years ago, in crippling debt and praying The Lord to find a way to send my children to college one day. After discovering this community and reading up on all the posts I scrapped together all I could, sold my car, my wife's car (with her consent of course) and invested all of it into bitcoin.The stress on my shoulders was unreal, I don't know what I would have done had this failed. But one day I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I couldn't believe it. The next few years of my life were simply beyond anything I could have imagined. I paid off my debts, bought a house for me and my family, and sent 2 of my kids to college. (Last one graduates this year from high school)Yesterday my house burned down. My stuff is pretty much a loss and ill have to find a new place to live, but my kids are ok, my wife is ok and all of the pets are ok. Pictured is my 13 year old cat after being rescued by the Fire Department.Sadly I kept my crypto offline on a laptop that was in the room the fire started in. I'm told it's gone.After losing my job this year due to lockdowns and everything that happened yesterday I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do or what the future holds for me and my family. I got lucky in the past and have faith I'll get lucky again. But all I care about right now is letting this community know how thankful I am for everything they have done to make my past 7 years the happiest I could have ever asked for. Thank you for talking to me and explaining to an out of touch old fart how this whole thing worked. I wish all of you a happy crypto journey and life ahead!Rob.( I would have liked to thank a few users personally so I apologize for the throwaway account but people I know follow me on my main one)

Submitted November 27, 2020 at 07:18AM

No comments:

Post a Comment