Got a scammer to send me 0.00003198 BTC - Here's how!

This is my step by step method of scamming a scammer with excerpts from our chat. Enjoy!​Full chat here: https://ift.tt/2Y7FdCL here: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/e49f7b2b5b69648a851eb6575595e749371f6bc40d1098593c0dafd4937e3b3a​Step 1 - Check user's profile and accept the chat.0 day old account with no karma = scammer​Step 2 - Pretend to be rich and dumbHim: "I'm a certified Bitcoin analyst and Crypto Miner with a few years of Mining experience. What about you?"Me: "Just a noob who got lucky from buying some BTC years ago for fun"Him: "Am guessing you know a lot about bitcoin"Me: "Not really. Just that what I got is worth waaaay more than I got it for!"This kicks in the greed that blinds him​Step 3 - Pretend to be interestedHim: "...I got some good business ideas to share with you if you don't mind"Me: "Pitch it to me"Him: "Have you ever thought of earning $15,000 within five days with just a minimum start capital of $2,500 with bitcoin mining investment"Me: "That sounds awesome"Now he's excited that I'm falling for it​Step 4 - Give only vague personal detailsHim: "But where are you from?"Me: "I'm from Ohio, I'd rather not say more"Just in case there's any social engineering at play.​Step 5 - Keep the chat in redditHim: "This is a Money-Business I can't talk on Reddit account that's 100% Hackable from afar/distance, I'd advise we move on to a different platform that is 100% secured..."Me: "I'd rather stay here"Him: "...but if we text on WhatsApp we can still get a chance to FaceTime... We'll also have a fast conversation on WhatsApp"Me: "Yes I understand but I will stay here"Keep the conversation at my pace on my terms without giving more personal information away​Step 6 - Let him jabber on about his super legit money business and stay interested​Step 7 - Turn the conversation towards trustHim: "In order of Commencing your trading, I would like to know how ready and Serious you're about Investing and earning good Profits with bitcoin mining."Me: "I'd want to know you're serious as well, and that I can trust you"The seed has been planted​Step 8 - Reiterate that I'm rich and keep him greedyHim: "So in essence, you'll need to buy or own bitcoin in other to generate more and you'll need to have a blockchain wallet downloaded in other to do so."Me: "I've got a Metamask wallet with 6.9 Bitcoin so I think we're covered there"Can't resist 69 references​Step 9 - Recognize the scamHim: "You can only mine bitcoin with blockchain wallet and not any other wallet. Once it's programmed to the Antminer Device, your blockchain wallet can now mine bitcoin that are in it... If you'd like to mine bitcoin or find this interesting, you only need to worry about getting bitcoin and a blockchain wallet, that's all."Me: "You said I didn't need to send any Bitcoin anywhere, but that's not true. I will need to send Bitcoin to the new wallet."This puts tension on the seed of trust​Step 10 - Reiterate the need for trustMe: "How can you show me that I can trust you to send that Bitcoin to the new wallet?"Him: "You can trust me and am way too old for games"Watering that seed of trust​Step 11 - Bring it all together with incentive and an ultimatumMe: "Someone else is messaging me about a very similar investment where I can simply connect my existing Metamask wallet without sending Bitcoin anywhere. I would rather choose you. So I think the way I can know that I can trust you is for you to send me a tiny amount of Bitcoin first. Then I will send my large amount of 6.9. Can you send 0.0000069 Bitcoin to my address? If not, I will choose the other investment since it's easier to trust."Now he thinks he'll lose out on 6.9 BTC​Step 12 - Stand your groundHim: "I won't try to convince you to do this or trust me, trust is earned and I know very well that you're gonna thank me much later for my good Mining strategies."Me: "You are correct to say that trust is earned. So earn it from me."Him: "Earn it by how"Me: "You send me 0.0000069 BTC and I will invest 6.9 BTC. I'm the one taking on risk here, not you... Otherwise I will choose the other investment where I simply connect my existing wallet. They are very excited for me to join them, but you talked to me first"The pressure is high, the need for trust has blossomed, and the hook is set​Step 13 - Enjoy the sweet spoils of victoryHim: "Let me have your wallet address"I give it to him and he takes the bait! Then I say this after the transaction is verified:Me: "When you realize what just happened, you'll experience the same feeling everyone else has had that's fallen for your scam. I just wish it were in proportion to the amount they lost."BLOCK USER.

Submitted September 28, 2021 at 10:19PM

No comments:

Post a Comment