Even as a developer, I am surprised how easy it is to Create and Deploy a Token, even with zero capital(free gas using Matic)

Context: I am a developer usually doing Backend Web Development and/or Scripting. I recently got interested in this space and the tech really amazed me, naturally I started looking at developing in this space.I am surprised how easy it is to create and deploy something even on a L2 Mainnet without any money involved, I literally followed these steps:Connect Metamask to official Matic Wallet site which airdrops 0.1 Matic(enough to pay for tons of transactions).Copy paste an ERC-20 Template from OpenZeppelinEdit the template to change token name, symbol and max supply.Go to Remix Online IDE, add the code, and perform literally two clicks to compile the code and deploy it to Polygon(Matic) Mainnet.Boom, I had the tokens in Matic Mainnet in my wallet.Went to Quickswap and created a liquidity pool for my token using the remaining airdropped Matic.And Boom, for absolutely free, I now had Tokens on Matic Mainnet, which even had a little value because I created a trading pair on Quickswap.BTW, Quickswap is basically the Uniswap fork on Matic.No shilling, since you can't buy unless you have the contract address anyway, but here's some screenshots from Metamask and Quickswap:Metamask BalanceQuickswap PoolIf anything, this should tell you how easy it is to create a token and deploy it, and you should be a little cautious of any new random token which may seem promising.PS: Don't ask me why PZD, I don't know lol.PPS: Same steps exist for any network, be it Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, xDai, Fantom etc. Just that Matic had super low fees and I had free 0.1 Matic airdropped from their site so I went with it.

Submitted April 30, 2021 at 03:50PM

No comments:

Post a Comment