Deep Dive on BTC top wallets

For the past couple of months, I've been watching very closely BTC top wallets and their moves. And especially during our last dip, things got really interesting. I've only analysed top 100 wallets in this post, exchanges excluded.It is quite hard to follow the top wallets, as some sell pretty quickly for rapid gains, making it very hard to follow their moves. Some top wallets sold everything right at the top, making them "invisible" to me, and hard to track when/if they're gonna buy back.Today, I wanted to talk about a few top wallets that are in fact, holding a big amount of BTC.​First of all, my favourite wallet, it is Mr (or Mrs) n°4 wallet exchanges included and n°1 wallet non exchange.This guy (or gal) first in was on 2019. (At the exact same day as the first in on Doge top wallet within a few minutes, make your own conclusions on this). This wallet seems to time the top very well, a little too well in my opinion. He sold about 9k BTC at the top (between 54k-63k) and he bought back 14k BTC during the dip (between 38k-54k). He seems to DCA every two days, buying about 20-40M worth at a time. This is huge for the average guy and gal in here, this must be a big fish, very bullish on BTC. For what it's worth, he also timed to September 2019 top pretty well.​Second on this, we got multiple wallets, that never sold one BTC but keeps on buying during this dip. 1,2,3,4 for exampleThe number 3 wallet that I linked right above is particularly interesting. He buy BTC at least 3 times per day, 7 to 8 BTC at a time, no matter the price since 2020. (I said that they never sold 1BTC but this one sold 7BTC in 2020, seems insignificant tho). He never skipped one single day (as far as I've seen). I don't really know what to make of this, is it a master DCA guys? Miner's wallets? I'll love to know what you think below, I'm still quite a beginner and I don't know everything.All of the other wallets that I mentioned above are just buying. Some first in were in 2020, some were in 2021. Nevertheless, they didn't sold a single BTC and keep buying during this dip.​And then, we've got the 2011 wallets. 1,2,3,4,5ALL of these wallets hold 10k BTC each. Their first ins were in 2011 in april/may, a lot in may within a few days/hours. Once again, I don't really know what to make of this. Is it a single guy, that split his BTC holding across multiple wallets in 2011? Was there a giveaway of 10k BTC during that time? Hard to say for me, I wasn't around during that time, I try to look up infos on this but I couldn't came up with anything. If anyone know what this is, this would be wonderful to leave it in the comments.​A lot of others wallets are out there, most of them are actually with only 1 in and nothing else since then. And a lot of those are recent wallets (end of 2020, beginning of 2021). I'll maybe do another post about those if I notice significant movements.This may seems really bullish, as most wallets I mentioned are either buying or holding but once again, wallets that were once at the top and then sell are very hard to track, as they fall in the list and are sometimes never to be seen again.If you noticed any other weird movements in wallets, please post it in the comments, I am very interested in y'all opinions! (and sorry for the very long post, I tried to make it as short as I could)

Submitted May 28, 2021 at 05:33PM

No comments:

Post a Comment