If you're young and thinking of investing in crypto, please take a second to read this.

I'm sure this will sound pedantic but with all the excitement lately, I'm seeing a lot of posts from people in their 20's and even teens talking about investing large sums in crypto. Please keep in mind that this is a high risk.That's not to say you shouldn't take some of your hard-earned money, do your research and get involved. This community is amazing, dynamic and there's a ton of potential to make great returns. However, high-risk investments should never be your whole portfolio. It should be the smallest part.Make sure that you're setting aside money in a Roth IRA, contributing to your 401k, Vanguard funds, etc. The boring stuff. The stuff that grows slowly over a lifetime. Don't just diversify your coins, diversify your whole portfolio. It's something I certainly wish I'd tackled at a much younger age. Believe me, you'll thank me later.

Submitted June 28, 2021 at 03:40PM

No comments:

Post a Comment