My wife is pregnant. I want to buy $1000 of crypto to give to my child in 18 years. What should I buy?

My wife and I have been trying to start a family for a few years now, and finally after some fertility help we are so happy that she is finally pregnant. She is due in December.My parents and in-laws asked us to open a 529 plan to save money for college, and I was thinking to myself, “I bet if I put just $1000 into crypto it could be worth more in 18 years than anything we would put into a 529 plan....”So I’m going to test that theory. I’m going to take $1000, buy a small crypto portfolio, move to cold storage, and hold for 18 years. No swing trading, no DCAing, just hold.For simplicity the smallest amount I want to work with is $10, so please don’t say “$1 of the top 1000 coins!”I’m thinking something along the lines of $500 ETH, $250 BTC, and a mix of smaller amounts of MATIC, SOL, AAVE, and perhaps $10 of something really speculative like XPR.What would you spend $1000 on?It could be worth millions, it could be worth $0. It’s going to be fun to see.Note: if you think this is just a moon farming post...well ok that’s fair, but I will post the wallet public address(es) when the baby is born in December.

Submitted June 30, 2021 at 04:54AM

No comments:

Post a Comment