My parents told me not to invest in crypto because it was risky, I showed them this graph and they changed their mind

For context I live in Argentina, our cumulative inflation rate has been over 9.000% in the last 21 years. Last year alone it was around 50%, this year it's projected to be 60% or more.This is how our currency has performed against the US dollar this last year: (take into account it's a logarithmic scale to show porcentual changes)​Argentine Peso/DollarAs you can see the rate of return is not very good. Our currency is literally a shitcoin, losing value every single week (take into account the dollar also loses value). I really think our economy could use ICP as a currency and we would even be better off haha.Anyways I wanted to share that. I can't stress the similarities enough (huge deficit, unsustainable debt) that have taken us to this point, but I also seem to see in the US, so buy assets that will safe guard you from inflation such as this.I also wanted to mention that it's illegal to buy foreign currency (dollars) so stablecoins and BTC have had a great impact by allowing the average person to save.Thanks for coming to my TED talkEdit: anyways my dad keeps thinking crypto is a scam and that we are in a bubble

Submitted July 31, 2021 at 12:34AM

No comments:

Post a Comment