I haven't used ETH since 2016, the fee I just saw today on a $10 trade was more than my bank has charged me in 3 years. What's the point of all this now?

I haven't used ETH in 2016 and back then gas fess were maybe a couple dollars.I found $50 in USDT in an old MetaMask wallet and wanted to swap it for ETH. I have never swapped anything before as this stuff wasn't really around in 2016. I tried to swap $10 USDT into ETH as a test run.The calculator said it would cost $34 in gas fess. I would literally be losing $24 on that trade. So I just left the USDT in there and I guess it'll stay there until this gets fixed.Now I'm all about decentralization and ETH has been one of my favorite projects since 'Nam. But I mean this is just ridiculous now. My bank hasn't even charged me this much in over 3 years and I have made several thousand transaction with them over the years. One $10 transaction with ETH is $34? Man I almost can't even believe it. I know about ETH 2.0 but even that has already been pushed back before.For ETH, I just don't even see the point of using it anymore, it's too expensive. When you want to send someone any amount of money, you have to throw a handful of your own cash into the garbage bin.I really hope they dev team can fix this issue before it get's really out of hand. $35 fee on a $1,000 transaction is... understandable, but $10? The barrier for entry will soon be too high for new users to feel comfortable getting into it.

Submitted August 29, 2021 at 11:29AM

No comments:

Post a Comment