Markets are almost certainly overreacting to the new virus strain, here's why.

Today wasn't good, I'm not gonna lie. But I absolutely think that the markets are overreacting right now, so I am buying the dip.Why do I stay bullish? I am convinced that this new virus strain will fade away just like all the others did before. Here's an excerpt from The New York Times :Still, even epidemiologists who have been the most outspoken in supporting precautions against the virus urged calm on Friday, noting that little is known about the variant and that several seemingly threatening variants have come and gone in recent months.“Substantively NOTHING is known about the new variant,” Roberto Burioni, a leading Italian virologist, wrote on Twitter, adding that people should not panic.So, here you go, you don't have to believe me. Experts are saying not to panic, so I don't panic.We also have to remember where we are coming from. In March 2020, the whole world economy basically shut down for a month. We had no vaccines, no treatment pills, nothing. And yet, markets recovered so quickly that a lot of investors couldn't believe it. Why would a new strain be any different? Almost everyone is vaccinated, deaths are plunging, and the economy is in really, really good shape.That's why I think this dip is a major buying opportunity. In all likelihood, we will be back at 60k and 4.4k in the coming weeks. If you are a long-term holder, this is a very good entry point.

Submitted November 27, 2021 at 03:36AM

No comments:

Post a Comment