Is it possible to guess a seed phrase?

I keep on reading that nobody in the crypto space is hacked and that all crypto thefts are scams that greedy people fall for. I get that this is probably an oversimplification and I probably shouldn’t believe everything I read. I also understand that private keys are hard to guess by brute force but hear me out.I have backed up all my wallet’s seed phrases and the wallets I‘ve accumulated are a handful. It is easy to restore an existing wallet using a backed up seed phrase. But wouldn’t it be possible to guess a random seed phrase? Seed phrases after all consist of 12 (or 24) words. Wouldn’t it be reasonable to find an existing seed phrase by trying word combinations by chance? Or am I not understanding an aspect of wallets or seed phrases?I was just wondering and I’d love for someone to give a statistical or technical breakdown of why I might be right or wrong. Or just add your shitpost to farm karma and moons.Don’t ever give up your seed phrase and don’t be greedy. If it’s too good to be true then it’s not true.

Submitted December 31, 2021 at 01:08AM

No comments:

Post a Comment