My wife and I disagree. We've reached our crypto goal of a house downpayment. She says pull now before interest rates spike, I say HODL. Thoughts?

Here's the facts.We live in one of the most expensive cities in North america. Average two/three bedroom townhouse here is about 900k. We have finally saved up 15% of a down payment (other 5% covered) and we would love to get into the market before our family expands and before the inevitable interest rate hikes in the new year.Most of the holding is in ETH. We're kind of going sideways with price right now but I would still cover the down payment if I pulled today at a recent low (4800cdn).My question is, if even 1% of an interest rate hike means an extra $100k on a mortgage, is holding for 6 months to a year to see a possible 10K eth a smart move? Am I basically gaining more crypto but paying more for a house as the rates go up?I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. A lot of hard work got me to the single goal that most crypto apes hold for, a house, but now I'm finding it impossible to pull the trigger. Also I don't know shit about fuck and she's probably smarter than me.Ps: yes i'll make sure to ignore any DMs with great offers on how to double my eth thx

Submitted December 29, 2021 at 06:10AM

No comments:

Post a Comment